I am a graduate of Sutherland-Chan School and Teaching Clinic
in Toronto, Ontario and have been practicing massage therapy in
Guelph since 2007. Initially I worked at the University of Guelph’s
Health and Performance Centre, and have been with Wellington
Ortho & Rehab since we opened in 2009.
I have experience treating athletes from a wide variety of sports.
Highlights: Toronto 2015 PanAm Games, Olympic athletes with
Wrestling Canada and Cycling Canada, amateur and pro
bodybuilder/physique competitors, Boxers, Gryphon Football
(2011/12), and Guelph Storm Hockey Club (2008-2010).
Prior to becoming a massage therapist, I was fortunate to work as
a professional performer in musicals across Canada, the States,
Europe and Russia.
When I’m not at the clinic I teach at the Canadian College of
Massage and Hydrotherapy in Cambridge and supervise a
popular student sports massage outreach with varsity athletes at
the University of Guelph.
My interests and activities include gardening, boxing, the gym, my
dogs (… sometimes the cat), piano, and playing saxophone with
the Guelph Concert Band.
Tip to clients:
First and foremost, you are in control of your treatment. Don’t
hesitate to ask questions and to communicate openly prior to,
during, and after your massage.
Continuing Education & Certiﬁcations:
- Active Release Techniques ®, Lower Recertification (‘18)
- Active Release Techniques ®, Full Body Recertification (’17)
- Shoulder assessment, orthopedic and motion testing (‘17)
- Cupping for massage therapists (‘17)
- Advanced sports massage, sports psychology, CSMTA (’17)
- Active Release Techniques ®, Lower Extremity (‘16)
- CPR/First Aid (‘15)
- Active Release Techniques ®, Spine (‘13)
- Positional Release Techniques, Costa Rica (2012)
- Active Release Techniques, Upper Extremity (2011)
- Sports First Responder, CPR/AED-Level HCP, Canadian Red Cross (2011)
- Building the Ultimate Back: from Rehab to Performance, S. McGill, PhD (2010)
- Hip/Pelvis/Lumbar Assessment & Treatment Tutorial (2010)
- Esalen Deep Tissue Techniques (2009)
- Sport Taping and Wrapping, Sport Alliance (2009)
- Sports Massage (Pre & Post event), CSMTA (2008)
- Registered Massage Therapist (RMT), CMTO (2007)
- Certified Personal Trainer (PTS), Can-Fit-Pro (2006)