I am a graduate of Sutherland School and Teaching Clinic in Toronto, Ontario and have been practicing massage therapy in Guelph since 2007. Initially, I was located at the University of Guelph’s Health and Performance Centre, and currently I practice out of Wellington Ortho & Rehab on Dawson Road in Guelph, Ontario.
I have experience treating athletes from a wide variety of sports. Highlights: Two seasons with the Guelph Storm Hockey Club (home and away), UofG Football & Women’s Hockey, elite-level Triathletes and Olympic Wrestlers and Curlers at both National and International events.
Prior to becoming a massage therapist, I spent more than a decade as a working actor and was fortunate to travel to many places across the globe. I also have a background in fitness and personal training at the Toronto Athletic Club, and The Athletic Club in Guelph, ON. I work professionally as a singer/dancer/actor still from time to time, but devote most of my time to my massage practice and treating clients.
When I’m not at work, my interests and activities include working out, hockey, snowboarding, moksha yoga, kitesurfing, piano, walking the dog…the list never ends
Tip to clients:
First and foremost, you are in control of your treatment. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and to communicate openly prior to, during, and after your massage.
Continuing Education & Certiﬁcations:
- Sports First Responder, CPR/AED-Level HCP, Canadian Red Cross (2011)
- Building the Ultimate Back: from Rehab to Performance, S. McGill, PhD (2010)
- Hip/Pelvis/Lumbar Assessment & Treatment Tutorial (2010)
- Esalen Deep Tissue Techniques (2009)
- Sport Taping and Wrapping, Sport Alliance (2009)
- Sports Massage (Pre & Post event), CSMTA (2008)
- Registered Massage Therapist (RMT), CMTO (2007)
- Certiﬁed Personal Trainer (PTS), Can-Fit-Pro (2006)